Saturday, January 18, 2014

"If Looks Could Kill" by Kate White


“If Looks Could Kill” by Kate White, is the first of a series featuring the character, Bailey Weggins.  This series is full of suspense and mystery, with a soupcon of wit.  It takes place in the fast paced world of magazines.  Baily is a freelance writer who works for Gloss, a magazine aimed at today’s woman.   She contributes true crime articles to the publication . Her sometimes friend, Cat, is the editor of Gloss, and she is in trouble.  Cat is the object of an attempted murder spree, and she turns to Bailey to find her would-be killer.


I gave this book three stars however, if I could, I would give it three and half.  I enjoyed the plot and liked the main character.  However, I found most of the supporting characters almost exactly alike, which made it hard for me to follow who did what to whom.  This book is an entertaining and fast read  Although it is a novel, it has the feel of short novel and a cozy mystery.  I will try the next  Bailey Weggins book before I make a decision to quit the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment