Monday, October 7, 2013

"Obsession" by Debra Webb


“Obsession” is a perfect title for Debra Webb’s first book in the Faces of Evil series. This fast-paced book introduces Special Agent Jess Harris, a profiler for the FBI, just when she is at the lowest point of her life. Her marriage is on the rocks and her job is not far behind. Because of her mismanagement of one of the biggest cases that she has ever been on, a serial killer is set free.
A broken Jess is called back to her hometown by an old flame, Police Chief Burnett, to help solve a kidnapping case. Five young women were taken, including the Police Chief’s stepdaughter. While following leads which Ms. Webb uses to take the reader on a breathless journey to the end of this case, Jess is contacted by the now free serial killer, Spears.

Although I gave the book four stars, I really like Ms. Webb’s style of writing. I related to the character of Jess, and liked the Police Chief, as well. I’m hoping to find out more about the other characters as I read this series.  It is a fast read and the cliff hanger ending led me to crack the spine of book two, Impulse, immediately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment